Skip to the content
Source: Grapevine Magazine
- Line up extra 12-step activities (help on the phones, speak, empty the ashtrays).
- Be host to friends, especially newcomers, at home or at a coffee shop.
- Keep your 12-step telephone list with you at all times.
- Find out about holiday meetings or celebrations in your local groups.
- Skip any drinking occasions you’re nervous about.
- If there’s one you can’t skip, take an recovery friend–or keep candy handy.
- Don’t think you have to stay late (plan an “important date” in advance).
- Go to church. Any church. And don’t forget about extra meetings.
- Don’t sit around brooding; catch up on reading, museums, walks, letters.
- Don’t project about holiday temptations: remember “One day at a time.”
- Even if you cannot give material gifts, enjoy the beauty of holiday love.
- Carry the message. Give the joy away, and it will be yours to keep.
- Reach out to your community via social media